Netball WA Community Raffle a success

The Netball WA Community Raffle has concluded for 2019, with the initiative once again strongly embraced by the West Australian netball community.

This year saw more than 35,500 tickets sold, with 60% of funds raised returned to Associations and Clubs and the remaining 40% placed in a Community Facilities Fund.

Paua Rose Netball Club was the top selling metropolitan club, distributing over 3,500 tickets and the Hurricanes Netball Club taking out the title for regional clubs, selling over 1,200 tickets.

Since its inception, the raffle has raised more than $280,000, with over $180,000 returned to Associations and Clubs, some receiving in excess of $2,000 each, and they have utilised this money for a variety of projects ranging from equipment purchases and end of season events to off-setting costs for athletes in talent development programs.

Netball WA General Manager of Community Netball, Liz Booth, thanked the netball community for their ongoing support.

“The Netball WA Community Raffle is an excellent way for Clubs and Associations to fundraise and ensure netball in WA has access to quality facilities,” Booth said.

“I thank those who supported the Netball Community Raffle this year and encourage others to get involved next year.”

Some fantastic prizes were on offer for those who purchased tickets, including:

  • A brand new Nissan X-TRAIL ST 2WD Auto valued at $35,618
  • A $5,000 Flight Centre Travel Gift Card
  • A unique opportunity for 8 people to join 4 Fever stars in a 12-seat suite at an RAC Arena show
  • A Fully Catered Corporate Box for 6 people at one 2020 West Coast Fever regular season fixture at RAC Arena and,
  • An Emerald Family Membership (2 Adults + 2 Juniors) for the 2020 West Coast Fever Season

Netball WA would like to thank its partners of the Netball WA Community Raffle including, Nissan, Flight Centre, RAC Arena and West Coast Fever.

The Winners were contacted this week and can be found below.

 

PRIZE WINNERS

 

1st Prize: New Nissan X-TRAIL ST 2WD Auto. (Value – $35,618)

Shami, Ticket #23289 – (ticket sold by the UWA Netball Club from PNA).

 

2nd Prize: A Flight Centre Travel Gift Card that can be redeemed at any Flight Centre Store and is valid for 3 years. (Value – $5,000)

 Michelle, Ticket #10605

 

3rd Prize: A unique opportunity for 8 people to join 4 Fever stars in a 12-seat suite at a RAC Arena show. Catering and car parking included. (Value – $3,900)

 Kylie, Ticket #40194

 

4th Prize: 1 x Fully Catered Corporate Box for 6 people at one 2020 West Coast Fever regular season fixture at Perth Arena. (Value – approx. $1,200)

 Tamara, Ticket #41132

 

5th Prize: 1 x Emerald Family Membership (2 Adults + 2 Juniors) for the 2020 West Coast Fever Season. (Value – $800)

Craig, Ticket #11883