- The Opening Ceremony will be held on Saturday 1 June 2019 at the Wembley Sports Park Precinct prior to the commencement of Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships;
- Associations will be required to provide two representatives dressed in their Association uniform to represent them courtside at the opening ceremony. Further details will be supplied closer to the date. Associations will be encouraged to bring their Association banner with them to the Opening Ceremony.
- Team sponsor’s name and/or logo (up to two different sponsors permitted) may only appear once on any playing article of clothing (i.e. playing uniform, skirt, shirt, socks and booty shorts/briefs) and may not exceed 64 square centimetres. Tracksuit, warm up shirts/short, sweatshirts and hair ribbons have no restrictions;
- Team uniform sponsors must not conflict with the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships Naming Rights Partner – Healthway. This includes sponsors in the categories of fast/junk food, alcohol, confectionary and beverages. Associations should seek clarity on any possible conflicts through Lacie Riseborough, NWA Head of Partnerships & Philanthropy at email@example.com or on +61 8 9380 3706.
Please note that National B & C Badges must have been achieved in either 2018 or years prior to 2018.
- All teams must supply a competent umpire who will umpire their own team’s games throughout the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships;
- Umpire criteria and competencies as outlined below:
- Open 1 and 2 umpires must hold a minimum National B Badge
- All other divisions Open 3 to 12/U must hold a minimum National C Badge
- All umpires participating MUST be a NWA registered affiliated member prior to the commencement of the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships.
- NWA will allocate umpires for the finals from those umpires registered by each Association. All umpires participating MUST be available to umpire finals if allocated, this includes all country umpires. NWA Sport Development Umpiring personnel will confirm and contact all umpires required for finals matches. Associations are required to make all umpires aware of this point as last year there were a number of umpires who indicated that they were not available to umpire finals;
- Umpires may be reallocated to other games to assist with the assessment of candidates being tested for badges. The NWA Sport Development Umpire personnel will control this process and we thank you for your cooperation in advance;
- Association Umpire Development Officers (AUDO’s) are required to nominate their umpires in MyNetball via the online form: Umpires for Association Champs and submit this by the required date. If Associations need an umpire, in the first instance please contact the Netball WA Umpire Development Officer in your Region, and then another Association. Netball WA will not assist in finding umpires for your teams. The exception is International teams who have advised NWA of their umpire requirements on this form: Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships Visitor Registration Form – link is in table on page 20.
- There will be an umpire briefing with all AUDOs held in the lead up to the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships. A teleconference will be scheduled for the week beginning 20 May 2019.
- Opportunity is available for coaching, mentoring and testing during the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships for regionally based Associations. Each request will be assessed on a case by case basis and is not guaranteed. Association Umpiring Development Officers (AUDO’s) must complete this online form: Umpire Test/ Coach Request ;
- Applicants requesting testing must already have been screened locally and have had reasonable coaching in the past. Umpires tested at this event cannot umpire in this Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships as they have not held a badge from the previous year. Umpire testing requests are due by Friday 10 May 2019.
- Umpire coaching is only available on Saturday and Sunday. Once fixtures have been distributed the AUDOs needs to supply the day, time, court and team via the online form link on page 21. Umpire Coaching requests are due by 9am Monday 20 May 2019 (note this could change depending on fixture distribution).
- Umpires must be dressed appropriately in white sports gear and sports shoes and must wear the umpire shirt provided by NWA. Please do not wear Association colours when umpiring your own team;
- Should an umpire not be suitably dressed the team will be required to find a suitable replacement (or forfeit the game);
- NWA provide umpires participating in the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships with a sponsor branded shirt. Umpires are required to wear this shirt when umpiring. Collection of these shirts is to be made on Saturday morning from the NWA Community marquee. There will be a range of sizes available for distribution based on the Umpire nomination form. If an umpire is only umpiring for one (1) day we ask the Umpire/AUDO to pass on the shirt to another umpire, as there is a limited amount.
- NWA and Perth Netball Association work with the Town of Cambridge to develop a comprehensive Traffic Management Plan to ensure the safe and effective movement of all participants and spectators from cars and buses to and from the venue;
- Limited number of parking spaces are available on site and large buses and coaches WILL NOT be permitted to park in this area;
- An overflow car parking area for these larger and other vehicles is available at Perry Lakes/Garden Week site (opposite Rugby WA, Basketball WA). All metropolitan teams are encouraged to use alternative transport or car pool to assist with car parking demand;
- Additional information regarding how the parking and traffic management arrangements will operate will be provided in the coming weeks.
- Please note the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships is a Smoke Free Event, therefore no smoking is permitted on the grounds, in tents or in buildings.
- NWA, in association with our Apparel Partner ISC, will be providing a full range of official Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships merchandise;
- The merchandise range will be available for online pre-purchase from netballwa.com.au/shop prior to the event as well as during the event from the official merchandise stand;
- Information on the full range will be provided to you in the lead up to the event.
- First Aid services and a strapping station will be available on the grounds at the State Netball Centre and Perth Netball Association.
- Information on the strapping station will be forwarded closer to the date.
- A supply of sunscreen will be available from the Match Office at Perth Netball Association and the NWA Community Netball Marquee.
- Teams and Associations are also encouraged to bring their own supply of sunscreen.
Rules for the 2019 Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships shall be as dictated by the Official Rule Book of 2018, unless otherwise stated.
PLAYER & OFFICIALS ELIGIBILITY
- All players must be registered affiliated members of the Association they represent and must wear a uniform approved by the Association, including positional bibs – front and back (no logos);
- Association (Committee Members) and Association Team officials (coaches, managers and umpires) must also be registered as $0 Non-playing member (regardless of whether they are also registered as a player) to participate in these Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships. A player may be a member of more than one Association however they can only play for one Association during the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships.
PLAYERS PER TEAM
- A maximum of 12 players may be registered per team by the required date – on MyNetball (check with Association Administrator for login details);
- If 12 players are registered in a team no player may come up from lower age group/division;
- If less than 12 players are registered, players may come up from lower age group/division providing the number does not exceed 12 players;
- To qualify for Finals a player must have played in three games for the Association;
- A player may play in more than one Final providing they are going up into a higher age group/division.
PLAYERS PLAYING UP
- Associations may grade a player in a team up to 2 age groups higher than their current age group, except for Girls/Boys who are turning 11-year of age in the year of competition who are not permitted to play in the 12U age group unless prior approval has been sought from NWA;
- If required, Associations may play a player up over the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships;
- Players are only eligible to play up for a team in a higher division of the same age group, or for a team in up to two age groups higher;
- Players are permitted to play up three times, on the fourth occasion they are deemed a member of the highest team they played up for and can no longer play in the team they were initially nominated in;
- Associations are not permitted to play a player down during the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships.
DURATION OF GAMES
- All games shall consist of two 15-minute halves, with a three-minute interval between the two halves.
- Injury time applies as per Official Rule Book page 46:
- The player concerned must leave the court within 30 seconds and receive any treatment off the court
- The timer will not hold time during this time due to games requiring to start and finish on time;
- In the event of a serious injury where an athlete cannot be moved (i.e. unconscious, suspected spinal etc) then the match office is to be notified immediately (Perth Netball Association match office for outdoor courts and SNC match office for indoor courts). Where possible the game will be moved. Please refer to point 8 in the event the game cannot be moved/rescheduled.
- For records, talent identification and insurance purposes, the names of participating players must be recorded on each scorecard prior to the commencement of the corresponding game;
- Penalty for adding a name after the commencement of the game shall be forfeiture of the game;
- The first mentioned team shall provide the score card (supplied in team packs) and a scorer for the game;
- The second mentioned team shall provide the timekeeper and timer (suitable timers must be used – not watches or phones);
- The scorer and timer must stand together (opposite the centre circle on the side line) throughout the match and compare scores and time to avoid any discrepancies;
- Second mentioned team is required to provide a backup when the timekeeper follows the umpire to avoid any discrepancies during this time frame;
- Umpires are to check scores at half time and at full time to ensure there are no discrepancies;
- Both umpires and both team captains are to sign the scorecard;
- Scores on the signed scorecards will stand, no further discussion will be entered into;
- The winning team is to return the scorecard to the score box near the Match Office immediately after each game – outside courts (Perth Netball Association match office) and SNC indoor courts (SNC Match Office);
- Please collect official score card from the relevant Match Offices for FINALS.
- Should a match be unable to commence due to the unavailability of the court for reasons beyond the control of competing teams, NWA where possible will reschedule the match;
- In the event of unforeseen and exceptional circumstances a match cannot be rescheduled, or completed the following shall apply:
- a drawn result will be declared if the game was stopped prior to, or during half time and each team awarded one match point, with scores at that time recorded;
- if the game has entered the second half, a win will be awarded to the team with the highest score at the time in which the match was stopped, the winning team awarded 2 points, with scores at that time recorded;
- in the event the match has entered the second half and score is tied at the time of the match being stopped a drawn result will be declared and each team awarded one match point, with scores at that time recorded;
- If the game has not commenced and cannot be rescheduled, a drawn result will apply, and each team will be awarded one point.
- Two points shall be recorded for a win and one point for a draw;
- Should one or more teams finish the qualifying rounds of the Fuel to Go & Play Association Championships with equal points, each team’s goals scored will be divided by the goals scored against that team to determine final positions;
- Should an ineligible player be played, a loss of two points will occur against the team and that player can no longer participate in the competition.
- To qualify to play in finals, players must have participated in a minimum of three games for their Association during the Championship (it is not necessary that the three games be played in a single age division);
- The first mentioned team shall collect official score card from the Match Office for finals and shall provide the scorer. The second-mentioned team shall provide the timekeeper, back up timekeeper and timer;
- In the event of a draw in a finals game, there shall be a one-minute break, during which time the umpires shall confirm with the scorer and timekeeper that the game is a draw;
- Teams shall remain in their positions while the scorecard is checked;
- Positional changes may not be made at this time;
- The game shall recommence with the centre pass being taken by the team due to take the centre pass and the game shall proceed until one team has scored a two-goal advantage;
- The scorer shall alert the umpires when this has occurred;
- International teams will be eligible to compete in the finals.
- Associations must ensure parents of the underage players in open teams are aware that NWA will be taking photos and potentially filming during the course of the competition as stated on the Team Registration form. Please utilise the below waiver in your registration/selection process of your teams.
“I/we provide consent for Netball WA to record all registered participants image (photograph or video footage) for promotional purposes. I understand these images may be used in mediums including publications and promotional material, broadcast, print and electronic media. I/we acknowledge that these images will be used without any personal compensation or remuneration. I/we agree to forgo any rights to the images including moral rights and copyright.”
If you do not agree to the above image consent or have a player/players/team that cannot have their image taken you are required to opt out in writing. Please complete the “Photography Opt-out Form” by Friday 24 May 2019 link to form located in the table on page 21.
- Teams in all divisions are required to provide a qualified umpire for their own games as per the criteria in point 20 of Information page 10;
- NWA will allocate umpires for the finals from those umpires registered by each Association;
- If there are any queries regarding umpiring matters during a game, please go to the Match Office at Perth Netball Association where staff will call for a supervisor before the game ends.
- Appeals against game results shall be heard by the Appeals Committee, which shall consist of the NWA General Manager – Community Netball, NWA Venue, Competition & Events Manager and NWA Competition Coordinator. If any of these representatives is unavailable, another NWA representative will be appointed.