The Intermediate Coaching Course is a Netball Australia accredited course, aimed specifically at developing the skill of the “Seven Step Progression”, “Error Detection & Correction” and “Program Planning”. This course is a pre-requisite for participation in the Advanced Coaching Accreditation Course.
The Intermediate Course aims to minimise the gap between the Development and Advanced courses. The Intermediate Course was initially designed by Western Australia. The small ratio of presenter to participating coaches allows participants to be hands on and provides the opportunity to be mentored through the planning process and receive constructive feedback relating to coaching behaviours and the skill progression of a training program.
Course overview and assessment tasks:
- Coaching behaviours
- Planning and reviewing a training session (Seven Step Progressions)
- Skill progression and fault detection and correction
- Mentor coach
Enrolment & course pre-requisites:
- Completion of a Netball Australia Development Coach Accreditation Course
- Coaches must have had at least one year/season coaching experience after completion of the Netball Australia Development Coaching Course
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age
Each participant to receive
- Netball Australia Intermediate Coaching Accreditation Participant Workbook
Sunday 5 August 2018 – State Netball Centre | Register – Intermediate Coach Accreditation Course
Use the following Enrolment Instructions to help you access Courses: MyNetball Learning Enrolment Instructions
To ensure you have a full understanding of the 7 Step Progression prior to undertaking the Intermediate Course, make use of the following resources: